SPECIAL: Interview with Ms. Mai - 2D to 3D Chef




Let's get real here, most of us wish we could have those delicious, mouth watering food we see in cartoons and anime, I mean it has its own genre accompanied with amazing lo-fi music to set the vibe, such as this video.


mmmmmmmmm..

Anyway, as I occasionally do, I recommend a score to listen to while reading my articles, so here is a lovely upbeat and happy song to read and maybe cook to, enjoy!



Food is one way to my heart and soul, it is a language that anyone and everyone can speak to one another, I do enjoy watching a person cook, and I do enjoy watching anime and other pop-culture related media, and I am about to show you a talent, Jack-of-all-trades, that brought both those worlds into one!

Her name is Mai, you can find her on both Instagram and youtube at the following links:
Instagram: Maigamewall
Youtube: Mai Wall (Don't forget to like her videos, subscribe and share her content!)

and boy oh boy! I am honoured to actually get to ask a few fun questions!
LET'S GO GET THIS BREAD!!!
(literally)


1- What inspired you to start your channel ?
Due to the whole Corona situation I had to work from home. So I had more free time and I always cook for my family so I decided to film when I can.

2- Was cooking something you were always into or was it an experiment that devoured you?
Yes, I just love it. I started when I was 14 years old. I baked a blue cake, it looked ok but tasted really bad.

3- Favourite cooking activity to do? 
(Frying, grilling, baking) 
Literally everything haha!

4- Favourite meal to cook?
Fried chicken.

5- Favourite meal that your family loves you to cook?
Japchae and bibimpab (Korean food).

6- One cartoon or anime , that’s food always gets you to drool?
Princess Tiana's Beignets.

7- Does anyone help you out in the kitchen ? Or is it your sacred space?
It's my sacred space, I prefer to be alone in the kitchen. But sometimes I like to cook with the whole fam around.

8- Fave herb / spice to use?
Cinnamon, turmeric and thyme.

9- Any embarrassing moment(s) ever happened to you while you tried fixing up a meal?
One time I mixed up between Cayenne pepper powder and paprika 😅
The bottle looked exactly the same. Let's just say my family had really spicy food that day.

10- Can you mention a moment of pride and proudness ? XD I’m not even sure if that’s a word xD
Hahaha yes the first time I made Moroccan food it was very difficult and took a lot of time to prepare but it tasted so good. I love Moroccan food.

11- Know any kitchen myths ?
You don't have to put oil when you boil pasta haha. And for backing all you need is a little oil and baking paper no need for flour to avoid sticking.

12- Do you have any fave cooking genre anime ? And fave chef character? 
Brock from Pokémon and strawberry short cake haha. I just love them.


Away from the culinary life...
13- What’s one question you keep getting from your viewers and does it annoy you?
Where are you from? 
Not really I understand that I confuse people and they really want to know especially when they hear me switch between 3 languages.

14- Fave game to play ? And can you explain your gaming schedule ? Example what time is ideal for gaming for you?
Mario Carts, Crash Carts, Pubg and League of Legends. I usually play at night when I'm totally free and internet signal is at it's best.

15- I see you are a sailor moon fan, do you have a fave sailor?? 
Of course Usagi and Tuxedo Mask haha.
I love their love story. It's every girls dream from my point of view.

16- Any fave anime series or movies ?
My top 2 is angel beats and violet evergarden.

17- Do you have any fave accounts you like to Follow?
Nothing specific but I love everything entertaining.

18- One last word or tip to people out there ..
Enjoy life and never take anything for granted because one day you will lose it.


I hope you enjoyed reading thing as much as I enjoyed writing it, before we part our ways, here is one of my fave videos from Mai's youtube channel, THE PONYO RAMEN!



how I adore this Ghibli Movie and this dish... I can never get this song out of my head too..

Maybe I might love you, maybe I might love you
So hold on tight and hold me close, you're my hero
Ponyo, Ponyo, Ponyo, fishy in the sea
Tiny little fishy, who could you really be?
Ponyo, Ponyo, Ponyo, magic sets you free
Oh, pretty little girl will you swim back to me?
- Ponyo On the cliff by the Sea
Noah Cyrus & Frankie Jonas For The Film “Ponyo”


Comments

Popular Posts