Movies not everyone talks about: Stardust (2007)

In the country side, one fellow promises the one he loves that he would return to her as she celebrates her birthday with a fallen star which they witnessed pass over, as a promise-to-wed gift, little did he know...he was onto an adventure that brought him back to his roots and to his destiny.


Hey everyone welcome back to a new series I thought would be a cool thing to do which brings out my inner hipster side -if I say so myself *Chuckles*.
In this segment I will essentially be talking about movies I think deserved more recognition than what they received and basically revive their thoughts -or try to- within the reader's minds, Today we shall talk about:


Stardust 

Starring:
Claire Danes 
Charlie Cox 
Sienna Miller 
Henry Cavill (yes, superman was in this too :p)
Ricky Gervais
Jason Flemyng 
Rupert Everett 
Peter O’Toole 
Michelle Pfeiffer 
and Robert De Niro 
with narration by Ian McKellen
(there are more to that list, amazing actors, the roster for this film was packed with great talent)

Directed by Matthew Vaughn and co-written by Vaughn and Jane Goldman. Based on Neil Gaiman’s 1999 novel of the same name.



Personally, this was one of the movies I knew nothing about yet highly enjoyed, Yes, it may have the cliche love story in, yet it was performed very nicely, the characters were well written and each one played a very intricate and vital part in the story no matter how small or limited it may seem. The musical score for this movie is full of magical pieces that really felt it was meant for this project, the movie was full of little funny moments and also cute moments, I think Robert DeNiro and his role showcased both those features and his character was really fun to watch, Clair Danes was TRULY a star, the one that is known as the DareDevil Charlie Cox played a very adorkable Tristan Thorn,   Michelle Pfeiffer played the main wicked witch named Lamia and I must say, she did a damn good job through it all and looked good no matter how deteriorated she may have ended up as, sassy till the end, adorned the whole film was the narration of daddy Magneto aka Sir Ian McKellen, his voice is very soothing to my ears and a great choice for this movie, I wonder if he would narrate kid's stories ? hmmmm...

I was 17 when the movie first came out and then (even now) I was a major sucker for adventurous fantasies and those years, this particular genre was thriving through out, I think this movie is perfect for a night in or a sleepover at friends and/or family, it is not long or short, it felt like it had different arcs packed in a 127 minute long giftbox and the way the movie presented itself, the first quote is simply beautiful.

I say give it a go, make it your movie night choice and let me know if you liked it or not :)

but until then...... 





Comments

Popular Posts